We performed Part 1 of this restoration in early 2011 and resumed work in January of this year. You can see photos from Part 1 here.
We started by removing the hardtop, windshield, windows and coamings and installing plastic sheeting to protect the interior. Our worklist consisted of:
- Sanding, bleaching and sanding the teak decks.
- Replace 6′ section of planking on starboard bow below waterline.
- Sand hull, prime, and paint. The owner chose a flat white enamel for the topcoat that is easy to sand and provides a classic-looking appearance.
- Lay new waterline and paint waterline.
- Strip, sand, bleach, stain, seal and varnish transom.
- Strip, sand, bleach and varnish teak windshields, windows and coamings.
- Paint bottom at bow, transom and near waterline.
The situation has changed for the owner and this boat is now available for sale. You can see the final photos of this stage of the restoration, the remaining worklist and more about the boat here.
Below are a few more photos during the restoration…